—Catarina Santos Botelho, Universidade Católica Portuguesa
The Porto Faculty of Law, Universidade Católica Portuguesa in Portugal is pleased to invite applications to attend its 2017 Conference “Constitutionalism in a Plural World”, that will take place on November 22nd and 23rd, at Porto.
Abstracts addressing the following issues (and others related to constitutionalism) are welcome:
- history of constitutionalism, comparative constitutional law and science of public law;
- constitutionalism beyond the state (societal constitutionalism, multilevel constitutionalism, European constitutionalism, etc.);
- fundamental rights in the global arena;
- intergenerational justice and rights of future generations;
- citizenship and migrations;
- the role of constitutional courts and the methodology for constitutional review;
- constitutional interpretation and constitutional amendments;
- democracy in the world society.
Younger academics, doctoral or master students, young legal professionals with an interest in scholarship are encouraged to apply. We accept two kinds of applications:
- In the form of an abstract of no more than 750 words,
- In the form of a completed paper with maximum length of 90.000 characters (spaces included). In this case, the completed paper should be sent until October 1st.
In both situations, applicants should send the abstract, along with their curriculum vitae, to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23rd. After review by the scientific committee, the chosen abstracts will be announced, no later than the 15th September.